Xbox One Preview Members Are Getting The New Dashboard Soon
Microsoft has detailed the features the new Xbox One Dashboard will bring to the console this November, and revealed its plans for releasing the update to all users.
The update, which Microsoft are referring to as the New Xbox One Experience, will bring several major changes to the system, including the ability to play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One, and a redesigned Home that will supposedly make it easier to access the content you want. Here are all the changes Microsoft are promising at launch:
- A new Guide will be accessible with a double-tap on the Xbox button. This Guide will overlay your game, and help you instantly access Friends, start a Party, get to Settings, see System Notifications, view your Messages, and more without leaving your game.
- Play your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. Over 100 titles will be available at launch, with more being added going forward, and they will benefit from all the Xbox One features like Game DVR.
- Home is getting a redesign to make it faster, and easier to find the things you want. You’ll be able to get to popular features of the Xbox One experience up to 50% faster.
- The new Community section will add a trending section, and make it easier to stay up to date with what your friends are playing
- The revamped OneGuide will be your single destination for TV, movies and video apps, with everything being consolidated into one place.
- The Store is being reorganised into four sections – Games, Movies & TV, Apps, and Music – to make it easier than ever to find the things you want to download.
While the majority of Xbox One gamers will have to wait until early November to see these features added, members of the Xbox One Preview Program will start seeing this update in the next couple of weeks. Microsoft has detailed the rollout below; take a look and see if you can expect an update on your Xbox One soon.
Here’s how it will work over the next couple of weeks:
- We will roll this update out over time to Preview members who opt in for it. We’ll start with a set of Preview members who have historically submitted the most feedback – it will not roll out to everyone at the same time. Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time.
- If you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you will get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.
- From the invitation launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.
- You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience”.
- If you choose not to participate in this update (you just leave your registration as preview), you will continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. This will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program.
- New builds will regularly roll out over a period of several weeks to those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the features and fix any bugs they identify throughout the preview testing.
You can find out more about the Dashboard update on Xbox.com.