Skyrim Dawnguard DLC: Vampire Spells, Locations, Dragon Battles & Flaming Oblivion Mount Detailed
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard information keeps on coming out of E3 2012, courtesy of Bethesda. Here’s a quick rundown of all of the new details just revealed:
- Vampire Lords can float on water, but cannot fly. However, they move much faster than your human form.
- The vampire quest line sees you working for the vampire overlord Harkon, in his quest to block out the sun so the vampires can walk Skyrim at all times.
- Fort Dawnguard is the home base of the Dawnguard, and it is a hidden castle situated in the far south of Skyrim.
- Existing vampires in Skyrim have been redesigned to make them look more demonic.
- There is a new flaming mount called Arvak, who is a horse that dwells in the Cairn of Souls – a new location that you can explore in the realm of Oblivion.
- Arvak can be summoned from Oblivion at any time
- The Dawnguard DLC will scale in difficulty for anyone who is already high level when they install it.
- Although it is only accessible from level ten onward, the Dawnguard DLC makes it possible to complete the core Skyrim quest line as a Vampire Lord if you choose.
- As a Vampire Lord, you have a new spell called “Drain Life” which sucks HP from targeted enemies.
- There is a mission called “Power of the Grave” that takes place in Oblivion.
- There is a werewolf skill tree called “Lycanthrophy”, which was first seen in Bethesda’s Game Jam event trailer.
- Dawnguard throws new Dragon battles at you
- Players can make a new set of Dragonbone weapons and armour
Yesterday, we reported on more new Skyrim: Dawnguard features from E3 2012. So to give you the complete story, here they are in full:
- Dawnguard’s plot lets you choose to side with either the Dawnguard vampire hunters, or the vampire lords, who live in the realm of Oblivion.
- Speaking of Oblivion, players can travel there at will if they choose to become a vampire lord
- Dawnguard is aimed at players who are level ten or higher, although some areas will be harder than those from Skyrim’s core quest line.
- Vampire lords have their own skill tree, including tons of new abilities.
- Vampiric Grip is a new vampire skill, that lets players grab enemies and throw them around effortlessly.
- Dawnguard has a new Dragon Shout called Soul Tear, that lets players shout at enemies, rip out their soul, then have it reanimate as an ally who fights alongside you.
- Dawnguard has been confirmed to cost 1600 MS points.
- Vampire lords can also command swarms of bats and gargoyle companions.
Want even more Dawnguard?