News You Might Have Missed: 24 February
– Valve has stated that it's still open to the idea of integrating Move compatibility into the PS3 version of Portal 2. Read all about it here.
– From Software has said that it's forthcomign RPG Dark Souls will be more inviting to newbies than it's brutally difficult original Demon's Soul. We're glad actually, as Demon's Souls is bloody hard. Read all about it here.
– PlatinumGame's producer Atsushi Inaba has expressed concern over so-called "Free 2 Play" games that sting players with microtransaction costs, calling them "worrying". Read all about it here.
– That said, Inaba also expressed that his forthcoming project Anarchy Reigns would include an expansive multiplayer element, and that all of PlatinumGames' titles going forward would have some kind of online element. Read all about it here.
– We also spoke to the guys at Free 2 Play MMO Rift this week. The studio expressed concern that console MMO's would need to scale back considerably for them to work effectively. Which sort of defeats the point of big MMOs surely? Read all about it here.
– While the American launch of Test Drive Unlimited 2 went on without a hitch, the UK servers sort of imploded on day one. But Eden Games has promised us a patch to fix everything. Read all about it here.
– After learning that the iPad 2 is due for a revel soon, we rounded up all of the rumours surrounding the device in one handy page. Read all about it here.
– Oh and a little game called Gears of War 3 got a release date. Read all about it here.