Minecraft 1.4 Details Revealed, Changes Include New Sounds, Mobs
Minecraft 1.4, the ‘Pretty Scary’ update currently in the works at Mojang with a planned launch to coincide with Halloween, will include a ranged Witch mob which “has a magical nose that wiggles, too,” according to developer Nathan Adams.
The Minecraft snapshot today reveals that the game will also include “new sounds by C418,” a neutral mob, a hostile mob (possibly the Witch) and new Beacon artwork and Wood trunk block rotation.
The previous changelog, 12w37a, included these tweaks:
– Tweaks to the Wither
– Carrots are now carrot, and added new food item
– Tweaks to a couple of item sprites
– Leather armor now has a non-dyed layer
– Superflat customization options
– Pigs are now able to jump when players ride on them
– Added /clear command to empty the inventory
– Evil mobs are now a little bit more fearless in hard difficulty
– Various bug fixes
Look out for the Pretty Scary Update in a few weeks.