Mass Effect 3: First Details Go Live
Mass Effect 3 was announced at the end of last year, with only a teaser trailer, and the recent Mass Effect 2 DLC, 'Arrival', to hint at what's to come.
Now, from GI's coverage, we have loads more info on Mass Effect 3, check out the details below and beware – minor spoilers are included, especially if you haven't completed Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2.
– The game begins with Shepard on Earth, on trial for the events of ME2, during which the Reapers invade.
– The action starts with Shepard escaping to the Normandy, fighting husks and searching for allies.
– The Illusive Man is set to return and Cerberus wants Shepard dead.
– Mass Effect 3 will increase the RPG elements of ME2, with more intricate skill trees, and numerous upgrades to powers.
– Returning squad mates include Liara, Ashley or Kaiden, and Garrus, as well as new name James Sanders.
– Also confirmed, but possibly not as part of your squad: Wrex, Mordin, Legion and Anderson.
– Weapons will be customisable enabling you to swap parts and alter the performance and appearance.
– Mass Effect 3 will boast multiple endings dependant on who you've recruited and who is in your squad.
– The game will include an interactive comic similar to that in the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 to bring new players up to speed.
– Mass Effct 3 won't feature a multiplayer mode.
More when we get it.