How To Download The Division Beta On PS4 Without Pre-Ordering It
The Division’s closed beta launches this week and, if Ubisoft had its way, you’d need to pre-order the game to get access. Xbox One players are due to have early access, with the beta launching on Thursday, and then the PS4 version going live on Friday.
That isn’t the whole story though. Some PS4 owners have come up with a way of circumventing Ubisoft’s beta restrictions letting you get access to the download now without paying for it.
While you’ll need to have a card associated with your PSN account (and enough cash to pre-order it, in theory) then this will not only work, but no money will leave your account either.
Here’s a step-by-step process that – at the time of writing – works perfectly.
- Head to the PSN Store on your PS4 and do a quick search for The Division
- See the option that says “Pay Now”? Do it.
- Congratulations! You just purchased The Division – no taksies backsies.
- Just kidding! Back out to the PSN Store and search for The Division again, you’ll now see the option to download the beta.
- You know what to do, get on downloading that beta client.
- Right, now here’s the sneaky bit. This is the part where you cancel your pre-order before any funds are taken out of your account.
- Head to Settings > Account Information > Wallet > Transaction History
- See that pre-order transaction in there? Yeah, well Cancel that quick.
Guess what? You can now go back to your home screen, boot up the beta and be informed that it’ll be launching at midnight on Friday. Happy hunting.