FIFA 13 Patch Confirmed, Fixing Bugs & Glitches This Week
FIFA 13 may have launched with numerous problems, but EA Sports is hoping to fix the biggest ones this weekend.
FIFA 13 community manager Chuboi 7 has confirmed the incoming update over on the EA forums.
Following maintenance yesterday and more scheduled tomorrow morning UK time, FIFA 13 will get a title update which has beggun rolling out on PC and is set to hit PS3 and Xbox 360 at the weekend.
Already fixed issues include:
• Stuck and missing items in the FIFA Ultimate Team watch list and trade pile.
• Duplicate match results in Seasons and Online Friendlies.
• Users being relegated from Division 1 in Seasons with matches remaining.
“Some fans may wonder why we can’t fix all the known issues at once,” reads the post. “That’s a fair question and the answer isn’t quite as simple. We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we’re confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone.”
EA has more updates planned for later in the month, but the biggest fixes are due this weekend with freezing, Ultimate Team and Online connectivity all addressed – check out the full fix list below:
FIFA 13 Title Update
This will be our first official update of FIFA 13, and will address the game issues that have had the biggest impact on our fans:
• Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
• Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
• Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
• Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
• Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
• Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
• Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
• Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
• Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
• Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with “ANY” and “Match Keeper”) will provide the desired results.
• Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
• (PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.
Maintenance – October 11th (Oct 12 UK morning, expect online service downtime)
We have also scheduled an additional server outage and update to address:
• Work on the Auction House in FIFA Ultimate Team.
• Changes to error messaging in FIFA Ultimate Team Web and the EA SPORTS Football Club app.
• Leaderboards not displaying the correct gamertag.