Crytek Hopes To Improve AI In Crysis 3
Crysis 3 will feature improved AI over that in Crysis 2, the game’s director of creative development Rasmus Højengaard has confirmed.
Speaking at an EA event attended by NowGamer last week, Højengaard said Crytek was looking to improve the series’ AI.
“The short answer is yes, we’re trying to do that,” he said. “There was some criticism, some of which I think was a little unfair, and some of it was fair. So I think when you turn everything upside down and try to approach your game differently you need to change a lot of things, which means some things will get better and some things worse.”
Højengaard added that gaining experience over two games will help the dev team to keep improving all aspects of the series.
“Now we have all the experiences from that game [Crysis 2] and Crysis 1 and that gives us a clear idea of how we need to approach things like AI in order to have AI function really well in both linear scenarios and in the sandbox. We’ll attempt to make it as good as we possibly can.”
Crysis 3 is set to hit PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 early next year.
More Crysis 3 on NowGamer:
- Crysis 3: First Gameplay Video Reveals Combat, Weapons, Stunning Graphics
- Crysis 3’s Gameplay ‘A Spiritual Successor To Crysis 1’ – Crytek
- Crysis 3 Made Official With Early 2013 Release Date, Stunning Screens
- Crysis 3: Weapons, Story And More Revealed By Alleged In-Game Screen
- Crysis 3 Reveal incoming, Weapons Include Bow And Arrows – Leaked Art
- Crysis 3 Set For Reveal In April – Rumour