Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 Beta Has Low-Res Textures
The Battlefield 3 Beta has gone live today, and early indications are that, if the beta screenshots are anything to go by, the console versions will severely struggle to keep up with the PC version of the game.
Take a close look at the images in this gallery – taken from the Xbox 360 version – and you’ll see a horribly low-res texture and a visible join on the sandbags screenshot, and low detail in the park foliage, as well a mysterious floating box.
It could well be that the texture quality has been turned right down in the beta in order to keep the download to a reasonable size, but these early indications are not good if BF3 on console is to match the brilliance of the PC game.
More Battlefield 3 on NowGamer:
- Battlefield 3 Beta vs MW3
- Battlefield 3: Why Beating Modern Warfare 3 Isn’t Important
- Battlefield 3 Beta Xbox 360 HD Screenshot Gallery
- Battlefield 3 Recommended PC System Specs Revealed
- BF3 Pre-Orders Reach 1.5 Million, Sales Will Slow With MW3 Release