10 Things You Didn’t Know About… Left 4 Dead 2
10 tiny facts that you may or may not already know about Valve’s seminal zombie shooter.
1) Ellis has his own Facebook page and Youtube channel, though we’re not quite sure what exactly he’ll be posting. “Here’s me with some zombies, lol!” Also, little known band hidden in Left 4 Dead 2 the, Midnight Riders, have they’re own Youtube channel. Ellis has been busy.
2) In Dead Centre you can find milk shakes littering the floor called ‘Heavy Gulp’ with a picture of Team Fortress 2’s Heavy.There’s also some burger boxes with a picture of the TFU 2’s Pyro adorning them.
3) Take a look on Hard Rain in the room where you find the diesel and you can find some graffiti on the walls. The writing is credited to Chet and Erik- Chet Faliszek and Erik Wolpaw the games writers.
4) You may have noticed on The Parish, that there’s a jukebox in the corner shop. Mess around with it enough and it’ll play ‘Still Alive’ by Jonathon Coulton, from the credits of Portal.
5) Another one for the jukebox. If you’re lucky, it may even play Coulton’s other famous song ‘Re: Your Brains’ at the end of which, it will summon the horde. Both of Coulton’s songs are utterly brilliant and need to be heard- true gaming classics.
6) Throughout The Parish there are bus signs with the word ‘PWN’ written on them.
7) On the poster for Dark Carnival, behind Ellis’s leg, is a little gnome. If you win him at one of the shooting galleries and carry him through the rest of the level, you’ll be rewarded with the “Guardin’ Gnome” achievement. It’s the same gnome seen in Half-Life 2.
8) Also on Dark Carnival, find the strength testing game and inject yourself with some adrenaline. Hit the game with a melee weapon and you’ll be rewarded with the “Gong Show” achievement.
9) This might be a strictly PC Left 4 Dead 2 Easter Egg but, at the end of Dead Center it’s possible to be attacked by the very driver of the car you’re attempting to ‘borrow’. There’s a tiny chance that Jimmy Gibbs Jr returns as an uncommon infected. He’s much more powerful than your average zombie though and if he attacks you, instead of blood clouding your vision, you’ll get oil.
10) The survivors make up names for the zombies as they encounter them, but early on the Witch has yet to be seen. When it’s heard crying, Coach will sometimes ask Rochelle if it’s her who’s sobbing. Still, they may not know what a Witch is, but they have intelligence to turn off their flashlights when one is close.
Are there any we’ve missed? Let us know if you’ve found any more hidden gems in Left 4 Dead 2 below…