The Secret World: ‘Comprehensive’ New Content Incoming Every Month – Funcom
The Secret World, Funcom’s recently-launched MMO, will receive “comprehensive game updates” every month containing new gameplay content Funcom has revealed.
Players can expect the updates to include new “storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements and even entire world regions,” according to the developer.
“We are committing to a very ambitious update schedule, but our goal is, and has always been, to provide our subscribers with new, high-quality content every month,” said creative director Ragnar Tørnquist.
The Secret World’s popularity has required Funcom to add a new dimension, which goes live today, meaning thousands more players will be able to play concurrently, even though players are able to shift through dimensions to play with friends.
The first Secret World update launches on 31 July. Check out Tørnquist’s broad vision of what to expect as The Secret World evolves in the list below:
* Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
* New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
* Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
* Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
* A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
* Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
* Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
* Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
* More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
* Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
* And much, much more!