Sony’s PlayStation Meeting 2013 – Watch It Here
Sony’s PS4 announcement event has now finished, but you should be able to watch the livestream recording through the same video link below.
As a quick summary, however, here’s what happened:
Sony Announces PS4 At PlayStation Meeting 2013
- Sony’s next-gen console, PS4, is announced
- Sony details some of the PS4’s tech specs
- Sony reveals the DualShock 4, confirms rumoured designs
- First PS4 game is announced: Knack
- Sony details how PS4 and Gaikai will work together…
- … but the PS4 will not be backwards compatible as a result
- Killzone: Shadow Fall announced, shows next-gen visuals
- Forza and Gran Turismo style racer, Drive Club, is announced
- inFamous: Second Son is announced. New character
- Capcom is working on PS4 game, tentatively named Deep Down
- Blizzard reveals partnership with Sony, announces Diablo 3 for PS4 and PS3
Sony is expected to reveal its next-generation PlayStation – assumed to be called the PS4 – at its PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York.
Sony’s PlayStation Meeting 2013 Times
- 3PM PST (Pacific Time)
- 6PM EST (Eastern Time)
- 11PM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
It’s expected that 1,200 members of the world’s media will be attending the event, and we’ll be there too, to see the PS4 get announced.
But there will be a livestream of the announcement. We’ve added the livestream below but don’t forget to join us on Twitter.
We’ll be tweeting along with the event too, so be sure to follow us on Twitter. Or head back to NowGamer for all the news surrounding the reveal, whatever it may be: