Modern Warfare 3: New York Action 'Very Different To Real Life'
Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling has distanced the action in Modern Warfare 3 from any real-life events.
Published on Jul 27, 2011
"I'm not too worried about it because the conflict that's raging in Modern Warfare 3 is very different from any real life scenario because this is a war, this is a full-on Russian military invasion of the entire US that started in Modern Warfare 2," Bowling said in an interview when asked about similarities to the NY terror attacks.
"They have already disabled Washington DC and the war has just organically been progressing off the East Coast and New York is a major city that would... So this is very different because it's full-on military fighting through the streets, so I think that's going to be very clear once people play it and get hands-on and see what type of conflict this is, and then it spreads to the other major cities."
Co-developer Sledgehammer Games recently revealed two pieces of concept art, both of which depict scenes in and around New York, that show the city war-torn.
The Modern Warfare (MW3) franchise has a history of controversy - MW2 caused uproar with the airport mission 'No Russian'.
More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on NowGamer:
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): Rob Bowling Video Interview
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): Impressive New Screens, Hardened Edition Revealed
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): 'Spec Ops To Change How Gamers Feel About Co-Op'
- Call of Duty: Elite Explained
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): 'Quick-Scoping A Matter Of Taste' - Bowling
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'