Next id Tech 5 Game An 'Action FPS'
MachineGames is making a first-person shooter with id Software's Rage engine, according to job postings
Published on Jan 26, 2011
MachineGames, based in Uppsala, Sweden was formed by founding members of Starbreeze, the studio behind The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay and The Darkness.
The title is an "action FPS"
According to job postings on the Zenimax site, the creative team will continue working in the same genre, describing its as-yet-unannounced title as "an action FPS".
"We are excited to create a new AAA title for gamers on id Tech 5 that will push the game development envelope," said MachineGames CEO Jerk Gustafsson when the outfit was acquired by ZeniMax in November.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One