Xbox 360 European Sales Top 10m
Microsoft announces the new landmark figure just in time for major new dashboard changes...
Published on Nov 13, 2009
According to Microsoft, it has now sold in excess of 10 million consoles in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The news comes just in time for the appearance of Facebook and Twitter functionality along with streaming 1080p movies next Tuesday (17 November).
Xbox Live currently is about 12 to 18 months ahead of PSN
According to Martin Olausson, director of Digital Media Research at Strategy Analytics. "Xbox 360 continues to pull ahead of the competition when it comes to delivering on a complete home entertainment experience and we think that Xbox Live currently is about 12 to 18 months ahead of its main rival PlayStation Network when it comes to offering service and content beyond traditional games."
We agree, but how exactly the figure of 10m consoles is worked out when so many users have had to buy new ones, or indeed simply have a broken one lying around that they haven't got round to getting fixed, is anyone's guess.
More Like This...
Xbox Live,Xbox 360,
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One