Xbox One Digital Game Prices Raised
Microsoft raises prices for Xbox One exclusives, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome.
Published on Dec 10, 2013
Original Story: There's been a lot of talk regarding high digital prices of games on the PS4 and the Xbox One, with Sony in particular coming in for criticism for high prices that have since been adjusted.
However, rather than lower their prices, Microsoft has now gone in the opposite direction, with the price of Xbox One exclusives Forza 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 all being raised on the Xbox store.
Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 were all previously priced at £44.99, but are now on sale for £49.99.
Digital pricing on console platforms has understandably been criticised by those who question why digital prices should be equal to, or even higher than, retail copies of the same games.
The logic behind Microsoft' £5 price hike for Xbox One exclusives is likely to be lost on those already unhappy with the price of digital game downloads.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One