PS4 'To Be Shipped In Large Numbers At Launch'
Sony's Shuhei Yoshida says PS4 production is going smoothly.
Published on Sep 24, 2013
Depending on who you believe, getting a next-gen console at launch will either by a nightmare, or incredibly easy.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot recently claimed that next-gen consoles would be hard to get hold of at launch, but, in contrast, Sony's Jack Tretton has said that Sony is holding back PS4s to ensure consumers can get their hands on one come release day.
Sony Computer Entertainment President Shuhei Yoshida has now chimed in on the issue, saying that it's not possible to predict if there will be problems with shortages, though he did confirm that the PS4 will be shipped in large quantities.
"That’s right," Yoshida replied. "Partly because we have so many preorders in the west, we still can’t predict if we’ll be able to ship the hardware without any interruption, but production is going smoothly."
Yoshida was able to confirm that shortages in Japan would be very unlikely, due to the fact that the PS4 will be launching later in that territory.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One