GTA 5 Smashes Sales Records
Rockstar's GTA 5 breaks sales records in the UK.
Published on Sep 19, 2013
Acoording to Rockstar, GTA 5 has reached first day sales figures of $800 million, roughly £496 million, though this includes estimated sales from Japan and Brazil.
Not only is GTA 5 Rockstar's biggest ever launch, GTA 5 also holds the record of biggest launch in UK history according to Chart Track figures which point to sales of £65 million.
"All of us at Take-Two are thrilled with the initial response to Grand Theft Auto V," said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick. "Once again, the team at Rockstar Games have outdone themselves, setting the entertainment industry's new standard for creativity, innovation and excellence."
"We are incredibly proud of Rockstar Games' creative achievement and could not be more pleased with the success of this launch," Zelnick continued.
Given the scenes at GTA 5 midnight launches in which gamers queued for hours to get their hands on a copy of GTA 5, it's not surprise to hear that GTA 5 has been a massive money maker for Rockstar.
Want to know whether GTA 5 deserves to be selling in these kinds of crazy numbers? Then you should probably have a look at our GTA 5 review.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One