GTA 5: Rockstar Details New Crews Functionality
Crews were introduced with Max Payne 3, and they're getting upgraded in GTA 5.
Published on Aug 29, 2013
In anticipation of GTA 5's release - and, later, the release of GTA Online - Rockstar has enhanced the Crews feature it implemented with Max Payne 3.
Acting as a clan functionality across all Rockstar games, the new Crews feature allows for each Crew to be better managed with a selection of varying ranks and associated privledges.
This new Crew Hierarchy will enable GTA 5 players to play among friends as Leader, Commissioner, Lieutenant, Representative or Muscle.
Leaders, unsurprisingly, are the ones in charge, and can designate the various privledges of each member of the Crew.
Rockstar detailed the new Crew Hierarchy and here's what they had to say about each of the five Crew positions:
- Crew Leaders can assign special rank to any and all members (Crew members will otherwise all be defaulted to the designation of Muscle) across the following four tiers:
- Commissioners: The Crew’s most trusted member(s) - that essential right-hand man or woman that the Leader relies on for Vice Presidential advisement and executive action. Commissioners have the power to manage and administrate all aspects of the Crew on behalf of the Leader, including the ability to promote members internally or invite new members in.
- Lieutenants: Made members with specific privileges to keep the Crew in check and hand out promotions or demotions amongst sub-ordinate ranks. Crew Representatives and the mob of Muscle would be wise to keep their Lieutenants (and above) sweet.
- Representatives: A tier of Crew members who have shown and proved their commitment to the clique - whether with ace performance in competitive modes, or just by rocking their Crew's emblem faithfully since day one. Crew Leaders can assign these special players as Representatives who will have basic permissions to aid recruitment efforts.
- Muscle: The rank-and-file mob of Crew members who are happy to play their position of causing some havoc Online, doing their Crew's emblem justice and fighting for its good name. Muscle-level members may not have nor want any administrative power but they're often the heart and soul of what makes your Crew fearsome. Ambitious Muscle who are looking to prove themselves to the Crew Leader and rise up the ranks may even prove a threat to their Crew superiors, if any are deemed to be slacking on their responsibilities or performance.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One