Xbox One Memory Upgrade Rumour Officially Shot Down
The memory won't be boosted to 12GB prior to launch, says Xbox One's lead planner.
Published on Aug 9, 2013
Microsoft's Albert Penello, lead planner for Xbox One, has shot down rumours of a memory upgrade to Xbox One.
The rumours began following a report on Xbox Uncut, which stated that before its official launch, Xbox One would receive a speed increase to its GPU and an increase in memory for 8GB to 12GB. With the former turning out to be true after Microsoft VP Marc Whitten confirmed the speed was increasing from 800mhz to 853mhz, the rumour of a memory increase gathered pace.
Not so, says Penello.
"We’re not going to 12gb, just to be clear," he tweeted. "Feeling great about game performance – stuff is looking killer."
So there you have it. Inevitably, a new rumour will be along to replace it soon enough.
More Like This...
- Microsoft's Major Nelson: "It's Great To Have Two Solid Console Launches This Year"
- GTA: San Andreas Now Available On iOS
- Xbox One Needs 'Something Unique For Japanese Market' - Inafune
- From Tokyo Jungle And Far Cry 3 To The World Of Animals
- GTA Online Content Creator Now Available For Xbox 360 & PS3