Xbox One To Support Mods? 'It's Up To Developers' Says Major Nelson
Following news that Xbox One can be used as a dev kit, it looks like mod support could be incoming too.
Published on Jul 25, 2013
In a first for Xbox, it looks likely that Xbox One will support mods.
"It's up to developers to support that," answered Microsoft's Major Nelson. "These are two very different things."
His answer suggests that the capacity for modding is there, if developers create games in a way that will support it.
Xbox and Xbox 360 didn't allow for mods but the recent Xbox One policy changes are positioning the new console to be the most open console Microsoft has made to date.
We're still doubtful we'll see mods on Xbox One titles but this is the closest Microsoft has come to allowing them to happen on its console.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One