PS Vita Price Drop Announced In Japan
Sony has reduced the price of the PS Vita in Japan, does this mean we're due a similar price drop elsewhere?
Published on Feb 18, 2013
Sony Japan recently held a special PS Vita presentation, detailing a handful of games for the system as well as confirming a price drop for the PS Vita in Japan.
The PS Vita will now cost 19,980 Yen, which is down from the original price of 24,980 Yen.
That equates to roughly or £139. No price drop was announced for US or EU territories, but at least it acknowledges that Sony is looking to lower the cost of the PS Vita.
It's worth pointing out that the original Japanese PS Vita price of 24,980 is converted to roughly £175 but actually sells for £200-230 for the Wi-Fi version here in the UK.
That would still put the UK price of the reduced PS Vita - if we even got a price drop - at about £160-190 if the same price range was taken into account.
Sony Europe has nothing to announce on a PS Vita price drop at the moment, but we wouldn't be surprised if something was announced soon.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One