New Batman Arkham Game Confirmed For 2013
Time Warner has confirmed the development of a new Batman Arkham game, due for release this year.
Published on Feb 12, 2013
It's been a while since Batman: Arkham City, surely it's time for another one? Lucky for you, it is, with Time Warner confirming in its investor call last night that a new game in the series will be released this year.
Talking generally about the success of Time Warner over the past year, the company's CFO John Martin revealed that 2013 will feature a brand new Batman Arkham release.
"We also have a strong games release this year," Martin said, "which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012."
Rumours previously suggested that Rocksteady is not actually working on the next Batman Arkham game, while others seem to suggest the developer is, instead, working on a Silver-Age prequel Batman game.
Considering the game has yet to be announced, whatever form it will take, and that it is still expected to be released this year suggests it won't be until later in the year: could this be our first next-gen Batman game?
We shall see.
More Like This...
- Minecraft Twitch TV Support Added Via Update 1.7.4
- Xbox One Demo Policy Hasn't Changed, There Will Be 'More Demos As Platform Goes Forward'
- GTA 5: 'Story DLC, GTA Online Content Creator & Heists On The Way' - Rockstar
- PS4 Sales Significantly Outstrip Xbox One
- MGS 5: Raiden Exclusive To Xbox One, Ground Zeroes Release Date Confirmed