Activision Announces New Call Of Duty In Financial Report
Activision's latest earnings reveal a new Call Of Duty is in the works for 2013 and outlines a host of sales records for the publisher in 2012.
Published on Feb 8, 2013
A new Call Of Duty game will release in 2013 after Activision revealed Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 smashed Avatar’s record to make $1billion in 15 days.
The publisher didn’t reveal any platforms for the title, which many suspect could be the first next-gen title in the series.
The company also revealed Blizzard’s MMO World Of Warcraft has dropped again in subscribers, down to 9.6million.
Diablo 3 sold 12 million worldwide, making it the best-selling PC retail game of 2012, while Skylanders raked in more than $1billion since its launch on the back of 100 million toy sales.
Activision also announced a new MMO is in the works as well as Blizzard All-Stars, a DOTA-themed Starcraft 2 mod, is still being developed – though no release date has yet been slated.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One