Xbox 360 Sales Still Better Than PS3 - NPD
Xbox 360 sales in December 2012 beat the PS3's, according to Microsoft's Major Nelson and NPD.
Published on Jan 11, 2013
Despite reports to the contrary, NPD sales results for 2012 reveal that Microsoft’s Xbox 360 managed to retain its lead over Sony’s PS3.
A recent report from the IDC had said that PS3 shipments had finally squeaked past the Xbox 360. The IDC report said that PS3 shipments worldwide had reached 77 million, while the Xbox 360’s had only reached 76 million.
Xbox spokesperson Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hyrb took to Twitter to refute these claims, saying:
“#NPD News: Xbox sold 1.4 million units in the US in December to remain in the #1 spot”
There’s some confusion with the statistics with both IDC and NPD using ‘consoles shipped’ and ‘consoles sold’, which mean two very different things and result in very different answers.
Right now, Major Nelson has confirmed that the Xbox 360 sold 1.4 million units in December keeping it in the top spot, but overall, sales of the PS3 and Xbox 360 are too close to call.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'