The War Z Removed From Steam
"From time to time a mistake can be made," says Valve after removing the title.
Published on Dec 19, 2012
The War Z has been removed from Steam following complaints of misleading advertising.
The War Z has attracted criticism from all quarters since launching yesterday - we've got a full breakdown of what's gone wrong with War Z.
Regarding Steam, the biggest issues appeared to be a misleading description page for War Z (listing 100 players maximum when servers only support 50, to give one example) and censorship on the Steam sub-forum for the title.
Valve stepped in to investigate issues earlier today and has now removed The War Z from sale on Steam.
"From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing," Valve told Kotaku. "We apologise for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so."
Valve also promised full refunds to those who bought War Z and are unhappy with it.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'