Dark Souls II Announced At VGAs
Surprise announcement as ultra-tough action RPG gets a sequel.
Published on Dec 8, 2012
Dark Souls II was announced at the VGAs.
It was one of the surprise announcements on the night itself, being announced by way of a CGI trailer with no confirmation of what it was until the logo emerged at the end.
The CGI trailer is very much of the Dark Souls vibe - distant and jaded voiceover, medieval setting and a huge dragon that will probably take 80 billion attempts to kill.
No release date or platforms revealed yet.
Update; The official teaser site is now open.
It's been confirmed for PC, 360 and PS3 platforms and FromSoftware will be back at the development helm. A 'revamped server-based multiplayer mode' is promised and FromSoftware says it will 'take a very dark path' with this sequel.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One