Microsoft Files Complaint Over XboxFitness Domain Name
Microsoft makes a move on the domain name XboxFitness. Is it about to reveal a new service for Xbox Live?
Published on Dec 4, 2012
Microsoft has filed a complaint with the NAF (National Arbitration Forum) over the domain names XboxFitness.com and XboxFitness.net.
Microsoft has made no official statement regarding Xbox Fitness or if there is a fitness-themed service coming to the Xbox 360, but it has applied to regain control of the domain names.
Spotted by Fusible, Microsoft apprantley made similar moves earlier in the year in order to gain control of the domain name XboxMusic.com before it launched that particular service.
According to the site Microsoft filed for European Community trademark last month for Xbox Fitness that covers ““Telecommunication services, namely, providing electronic transmission of video over the Internet.”
Is Microsoft about to reveal a new fitness service for the Xbox 360? With a Nike+ Kinect Training bundle currently in the works, it doesn’t seem like a stretch that Microsoft would be looking to expand on the fitness capabilities of the Xbox 360.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One