Black Ops 2 UK Launch Sales Lower Than Black Ops
Could Call Of Duty's appeal be on the decline? It's still selling by the truckload, mind you…
Published on Nov 19, 2012
The official UK launch week sales figures for Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 shows that it has sold less than Call Of Duty: Black Ops did.
Eurogamer has done the maths and worked out that while Black Ops sold two million in its launch week, Black Ops 2 has shifted 1.7 million, which also puts it behind the launches for Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.
Is Call Of Duty's appeal on the wane? It could be a sign of Call Of Duty fatigue, it could be the appeal dipping slightly as this generation of consoles is coming to an end, it could be that the sci-fi setting just doesn't have the mainstream appeal of shooting bad guys in generic Middle Eastern settings.
Either way, 1.7 million is still a ridiculous amount of copies, though it will be interesting to see what happens with Black Ops 2's sales from this point on.
Check out our Black Ops 2 review to see what we thought of the game.
More Like This...
- Xbox One: Modders Add Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Halo: Spartan Assault Xbox One & Xbox 360 Release Date Announced
- Minecraft Twitch TV Support Added Via Update 1.7.4
- Xbox One Demo Policy Hasn't Changed, There Will Be 'More Demos As Platform Goes Forward'
- GTA 5: 'Story DLC, GTA Online Content Creator & Heists On The Way' - Rockstar