GTA 5 Will Sell '25 Million Copies In 12 Months'
GTA 5 is on course to become one of the most successful games of all time according to analyst Jesse Divnich.
Published on Nov 5, 2012
GTA 5 could sell more than 25 million copies in it's first 12 months on sale, according to EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich.
GTA 5 officially became available to pre-order today - an info blowout and a new trailer for the game are expected this week.
"The HD market is softening as we enter into the tail end of this generation, but fortunately this softening has had little impact on our precious AAA titles," Divnich told NowGamer. "In the case of GTA V, I have little concerns about when it is released. GTA IV already proved to the market that even an April release, which has historically been avoided by the industry, can support a 20M+ title."
GTA 5's timing comes as worldwide PS3 and Xbox 360 sales are generally considered to have peaked.
"Whether April, June, or even Winter, I’d expect GTA V to sell in upwards of 25M copies in its first 12 months," Divnich predicted.
HMV is currently predicting a 5 April release date - we think a post-March date is probably on the money.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One