GTA 5 Includes 'Multiple Playable Characters' - Leak
GTA 5 is hitting Game Informer's cover next week, but a number of details may have already emerged.
Published on Nov 5, 2012
GTA 5 is hitting Game Informer's cover next week, but a number of potential gameplay details have already emerged. A Gamefaqs user claiming to have already seen the issue has let slip a number of potential details of Rockstar’s highly anticipated new GTA.
How trustworthy his claims are is up for debate but he does go on to reveal a number of long-held rumours. Here’s a breakdown of the supposed new features in GTA 5:
- You’ll play as 42 year old Albert DeSilva, a half-American, half-Puerto Rican US citizen with an ex-wife and two children.
- Breaking Bad is a subtle reference with Albert turning to crime late in his life.
- You’ll also play as Dougie Vejo who is a younger criminal living in Los Santos.
- Grove Street will appear in the game, but Carl and Sweet will not.
- Albert lost his money in a ‘ponzi scheme’ and this is his prime concern.
- Players will be able to customize clothes/hair/facial hair, but there won’t be any gyms or tattoos.
- There could be characters from GTA 4. The article hints ‘one or more’ may show up.
- Car customization will be back, but this could just focused on Dougie’s character (although this could also be connected with Albert’s mid-life crisis).
- You’ll be able to play mini-games such as golf, tennis and surfing.
- The mission played for the GameInformer cover was called ‘Alimony’ and featured the scene from the trailer where characters robbed a jewellery store.
- Songs confirmed are: My Michelle: Guns & Roses, Magic Power: Triumph, California Dreaming: The Beach Boys and Beautiful: Snoop Dog (featuring Pharrell).
GTA 5 is currently rumoured to have a ‘Spring 2013’ release date and Game Informer’s cover is arriving December 8th.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One