Activision Reapplies For 'Sing Hero' Trademark
Activision trademark hints at future spin-offs for the 'Hero' music franchise.
Published on Oct 3, 2012
Activision has filed a new trademark for 'Sing Hero', suggesting the publisher still believes there's life in the rhythm action franchise that it kicked off with Guitar Hero and continued with Band Hero and DJ Hero.
According to fusible, it's not the first time Activision has applied for the trademark either, first filing Sing Hero back in 2009.
This time around though, the mark covers games on "mobile and cellular phones, personal digital assistants, electronic organizers and electronic notepads, handheld computers, and portable and handheld digital electronic devices," suggesting it could go the way of Guitar Hero iOS.
Previous spin-offs Keyboard Hero and Drum Hero fell by the wayside, while Sing Hero remains unannounced - if a karaoke-type game does emerge it'd be up against Sony series SingStar among others.
More Like This...
- Halo: Spartan Assault Xbox One & Xbox 360 Release Date Announced
- Minecraft Twitch TV Support Added Via Update 1.7.4
- Xbox One Demo Policy Hasn't Changed, There Will Be 'More Demos As Platform Goes Forward'
- GTA 5: 'Story DLC, GTA Online Content Creator & Heists On The Way' - Rockstar
- PS4 Sales Significantly Outstrip Xbox One