Assassin's Creed 3 PC Specs Add Windows 8, Drop XP
Ubisoft looks to the future with its required system specs for the upcoming Assassin's Creed 3.
Published on Sep 26, 2012
Assassin's Creed 3 on PC will support Windows 8, but is also the latest game to drop support for Microsoft's ageing Windows XP operating system.
Ubisoft's customer help site has dropped the minimum specs, which reveals otherwise moderate requirements - the full recommended specs have yet to be revealed, but include 4GB RAM and 5.1 surround sound.
Minimum System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better