Minecraft 1.4 Details Revealed, Changes Include New Sounds, Mobs
New tweets and the latest Minecraft snapshot reveal what's in store for the 'Pretty Scary' update.
Published on Sep 20, 2012
Minecraft 1.4, the 'Pretty Scary' update currently in the works at Mojang with a planned launch to coincide with Halloween, will include a ranged Witch mob which "has a magical nose that wiggles, too," according to developer Nathan Adams.
The Minecraft snapshot today reveals that the game will also include "new sounds by C418," a neutral mob, a hostile mob (possibly the Witch) and new Beacon artwork and Wood trunk block rotation.
The previous changelog, 12w37a, included these tweaks:
- Tweaks to the Wither
- Carrots are now carrot, and added new food item
- Tweaks to a couple of item sprites
- Leather armor now has a non-dyed layer
- Superflat customization options
- Pigs are now able to jump when players ride on them
- Added /clear command to empty the inventory
- Evil mobs are now a little bit more fearless in hard difficulty
- Various bug fixes
Look out for the Pretty Scary Update in a few weeks.