Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse Announced For PC, Mac & iOS
Charles Cecil's Revolution Software has announced a new adventure game in the Broken Sword series, and looking for funding via Kickstarter.
Published on Aug 23, 2012
Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse will be the next game in the popular 2D-animated adeventure series, with Revolution Software and original creator Charles Cecil looking for $400,000 funding on Kickstarter.
Returning protagonists George Stobbart and Nico Collard will be rendered in cel-shaded 3D for the game judging by the pitch video, below.
The game will hit PC, Mac, iOS and Android in early 2013 - pledging $15, will bag you a digital copy of the game.
“The process of game development has previously been remote from our fans,” says Cecil. “By self publishing, we now have a direct relationship with our audience – a position that we value enormously.
“We’re delighted that the latest Broken Sword title is to be the first of our adventures that we can take with our fans. By pledging support now, we’ll be going on a journey which will end when the opening credits roll – it’s going to be excellent.”
Cecil added that using Kickstarter gives the team "total freedom".
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One