Unity 4: Stunning Video Reveals Next-Gen Engine To Rival Unreal, CryEngine
The next-gen Unity 4 game engine is looking hugely impressive in this short film rendered in realtime.
Published on Aug 23, 2012
Unity 4, the next-gen game engine from Unity Technologies is on the horizon, and the firm has shown off exactly how it will rival other technology such as Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine 3 and Square Enix's Luminous in the years to come.
Debuting at Unite 2012 this week was realtime short 'Butterfly Effect', full of great character and facial animation, realtime lighting, physics, visual effects such as glass and water and loads more - check it out below:
Unity is becoming increasingly widespread among mobile, console, online and PC developers - do you want to see more games that look like the video? Leave us a comment.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One