Sony Liverpool Was Working On Wipeout & Splinter Cell Rival For PS4 - Report
Sony's closure of Studio Liverpool also meant the canning of two next-gen PlayStation 4 titles, according to reports.
Published on Aug 22, 2012
Wipeout and a Splinter Cell-style game were in development at SCE's Studio Liverpool for the next-gen PlayStation 4, according to sources.
The Wipeout game was in the works for around 12-18 months according to one source that spoke to Eurogamer. It was described as "dramatically different" to other games in the series.
A second source revealed that a gangster-themed game for PS4 had evolved into something closer to Splinter Cell, and was set to use LA Noire-style motion capture techniques.
Both projects have now been cancelled with the closure of the studio.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'