Crysis 3 Graphics Will 'Melt Down PCs' - Crytek
Crysis will return to its power-hungry PC roots with Crysis 3, according to Crytek boss Cevat Yerli.
Published on Aug 16, 2012
Crysis 3 will push PC gamers' rigs in much the same way as the first game in the series, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli has revealed.
Crysis is infamous for being one of the most demanding PC games ever at launch, with PC spec requirements becoming a barrier to entry for many - so much so that it became something of a running joke in comunity circles.
“That joke will be resurrected again with Crysis 3, I’m quite sure about that,” Yerli said during an EA livestream. “There are brutal expectations around the PC version of Crysis 3. So this time we promise to melt down PCs.”
Crytek recently revealed a video showing how Crysis 3 will push the CryEngine to even more visually-impressive heights.
Yerli reiterated that the PC version of Crysis 3 will "look fantastic" despite the compromises inherent in simultaneously developing the game for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Crysis 3 launches in February next year.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One