Battlefield 3: Aftermath Release Date & Details
DICE drops a few hints about the upcoming expansion pack, and what it will involve for BF3 fans.
Published on Aug 14, 2012
DICE's Patrick Bach took to the stage at Gamescom 2012 today to discuss its upcoming DLC expansion packs for Battlefield 3.
Despite talking primarily about the next Battlefield 3 expansion pack Armored Kill, Bach did drop a few hints on the fourth DLC pack Aftermath.
He confirmed that there would be four new maps - a tradition with BF3's expansion pack content - each of which set in the destroyed arenas set after the earthquake struck in the single-player campaign.
A few teased shots in an ensuing video clip highlighted ruined facades of tall buildings, the gaping holes crumbling away. It certainly looked impressive.
Bach also confirmed the expansion pack would include new military and civilian vehicles. Will we see the return of golf carts from the original Battlefield: Bad Company?
Aftermath will be out in December, while Battlefield 3: Premium Edition will launch on 11 September 2012 and will come with all of the expansion packs to players.
More Like This...
- Microsoft's Major Nelson: "It's Great To Have Two Solid Console Launches This Year"
- GTA: San Andreas Now Available On iOS
- Xbox One Needs 'Something Unique For Japanese Market' - Inafune
- From Tokyo Jungle And Far Cry 3 To The World Of Animals
- GTA Online Content Creator Now Available For Xbox 360 & PS3