Ouya Kickstater Ends On $8.6 Million, Namco In Talks To Publish Games
Ouya, the Kickstarter-funded Android-based indie micro-console is definitely happening - and we've got all the latest details.
Published on Aug 9, 2012
Ouya, will soon provide another console option to hook up to your TV after a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, that has seen the device's development team raise $8,596,475 (almost £5.5 million) in funding.
Ouya's latest developments include support for four wireless controllers, and now Namco Bandai could get involed.
"Namco Bandai Games and Ouya are currently in active discussions to bring some of the world's biggest gaming properties to the exciting new open gaming platform," Namco's VP of Marketing Carlson Choi said on the Ouya Kickstarter page.
"Namco Bandai brings with it a rich history of iconic gaming franchises, from classics like Pac-Man and Galaga, to seminal franchises like Tekken and Ridge Racer, and we're excited to explore how we can work with Ouya to bring some great titles to the forthcoming console."
Check out the new Ouya site for more.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One