Counter Strike: Global Offensive Getting Map Workshop On Steam
Valve will support community maps for Counter Strike: Global Offensive PC with the map workshop on Steam.
Published on Aug 6, 2012
Skyrim, Portal 2 and DOTA 2 maybe the biggest games to make use of the Steam Workshop, but another big Valve title is about to make use of the community hub too - Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
"We believe that our work improves the most when we iterate using feedback from the community," reads the CS: GO blog.
"This process is also important for map makers, which is why we have been working on a new tool to help authors present their work early and iterate often – a map workshop, where maps can be evaluated, discussed, and rated by the community. Server operators will be able to subscribe to (and automatically update) these maps, ensuring that they have the author’s most recent version throughout a map’s development.
The map workshop will be "the perfect place for pros and other players to develop maps with their communities," according to the CS: GO team - the workshop is stil lunder development.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive is out for PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One