Rock Bottom: UK Game Sales 'Lowest Since Records Began'
UKIE/GfK Chart-Track claim last week's UK videogame sales were the lowest ever.
Published on Aug 3, 2012
The UK videogame market generated just £8.4 million at retail last week, which is the lowest since records began according to data compiled by UKIE/GfK Chart-Track.
As reported by MCV, the UK market has been approaching the all-time low for much of the summer.
The figure doesn't take into account figures from digital distribution or other online services, while the economic downturn and the end of the current console generation are also cited as factors.
Have you stopped buying full price games? Has there been anything worth playing this summer? Have your say below.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One