Doom 4: All Of Id Software Focused On 'Blockbuster' FPS - Carmack
Doom 4 is in full development, and will be "done when it's done" John Carmack reveals during his QuakeCon keynote speech.
Published on Aug 3, 2012
Doom 4, the long-awaited horror FPS sequel, is in full development at Id Software and has no public timeframe for completion, according to co-founder and technical director John Carmack.
Speaking at QuakeCon today, Carmack confirmed it was all hand to the pumps on development of the game, meaning Id has shut its mobile division, at least for now.
"The Bethesda family really is about swinging for the fences. I hope that we do get back to mobile in various ways in the future, but the real aim is blockbuster triple-A titles, and for Id that means Doom 4," Carmack explained. "Essentially everybody will be focused on Doom 4 as a project."
Doom 3: BFG Edition is set to launch in October - and is the flagship game for the Oculus Rift VR headset development kit.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'