Doom 4: All Of Id Software Focused On 'Blockbuster' FPS - Carmack
Doom 4 is in full development, and will be "done when it's done" John Carmack reveals during his QuakeCon keynote speech.
Published on Aug 3, 2012
Doom 4, the long-awaited horror FPS sequel, is in full development at Id Software and has no public timeframe for completion, according to co-founder and technical director John Carmack.
Speaking at QuakeCon today, Carmack confirmed it was all hand to the pumps on development of the game, meaning Id has shut its mobile division, at least for now.
"The Bethesda family really is about swinging for the fences. I hope that we do get back to mobile in various ways in the future, but the real aim is blockbuster triple-A titles, and for Id that means Doom 4," Carmack explained. "Essentially everybody will be focused on Doom 4 as a project."
Doom 3: BFG Edition is set to launch in October - and is the flagship game for the Oculus Rift VR headset development kit.
More Like This...
- GTA 5: 'Story DLC, GTA Online Content Creator & Heists On The Way' - Rockstar
- PS4 Sales Significantly Outstrip Xbox One
- MGS 5: Raiden Exclusive To Xbox One, Ground Zeroes Release Date Confirmed
- World Of Warcraft & Xbox Live Infiltrated By Government Spies
- Game Of Thrones & Borderlands Games Being Developed By Telltale