Total War: Rome 2 Includes 'Saving Private Ryan-Style Beach Invasions'
Creative Assembly aiming to capture the horror of warfare in Rome RTS sequel.
Published on Aug 2, 2012
Total War: Rome 2 will up the drama from previous games with developer the Creative Assembly aiming to affect players more deeply than ever in its depiction of war.
"We've got naval battle and land battles interacting for the first time, so you can throw ships up beaches and have people 'Saving Private Ryan-ing' it up the beach," brand director Rob Bartholomew told MCV.
"We're trying to inject that real feeling of horrific warfare so that the loss of your troops is going to affect you more deeply this time around. We're putting more personality into the troops that you'll send marching off across the battlefield by using facial motion capture and giving more resources to animation."
The human cost will be visible amid the traditionally large-scale Total War battles, Bartholomew added. "We want to create that level of human strife, drama and character on a very macro-scale amongst these gigantic battles at the same time."
Rome 2 won't launch until later in 2013 - check out the first details here.
More Like This...
- PS4 To Be "Number One System Of This Generation"
- Xbox One: Microsoft Comments On Digital Games Price Rise
- The Last of Us Concept Artist Posts Concept Art For Unannounced Game
- Project Eternity Is Now Pillars Of Eternity, First Gameplay Released
- Xbox One Update Available Today, Addresses Multiplayer Issues