Fallout Dev Bethesda Has Rights To Make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Game - Rumour [Updated]
Ukrainian website claims Bethesda could make a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game with its own engine.
Published on Jul 31, 2012
A Bethesda UK representative has declined to comment.
The makers of Fallout 3 and Skyrim could make a Fallout Dev Bethesda Has Rights To Make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. project in future after securing the license to the IP according to an eastern European report.
Citing a reliable source, Galyonkin (via RPS) claims GSC Game World boss Sergei Grigorovich has licensed, rather than sold, the post-apocalyptic series to Bethesda, enabling it to make a new entry in the franchise using Skyrim's Creation engine.
The claim follows similar rumours in April, which resulted in GSC
responding with: "There is no truth to the story that the Stalker rights have been sold to Bethesda. They belong to Sergiy Grygorovych, the founder of GSC."
GSC canned development on Fallout Dev Bethesda Has Rights To Make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 earlier this year citing money woes, but the development team reformed as Vostok to begin development on MMO Survarium.
We've contacted Bethesda for comment.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One