Call Of Duty Settlement May Have Cost Activision 'Tens Of Millions'
Undisclosed fee paid to former employees Vince Zampella and Jason West will have been significant, says analyst.
Published on Jul 31, 2012
Activision's quarterly financial results later this week will take into account whatever figure was paid to ex-Infinity Ward bosses Vince Zampella and Jason West to settle the on-going lawsuit between the publisher and the Call of Duty creators.
Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz thinks the figure is likely to have been “tens of millions,” according to Gamespot, although Creutz adds in his report that the sum will have "little impact" on Activision’s first-quarter report.
The results are announced on Thursday, and will reveal an estimated 8 million sales of Diablo 3, according to the analyst.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One