Minecraft Dev Cancelled First-Person Shooter
Mojang was working on an FPS collaboration until recently.
Published on Jul 27, 2012
Minecraft studio Mojang's recently-cancelled collaboration was an unannounced first-person shooter, Notch has revealed.
The game was canned at the prototype stage the developer told Joystiq, adding that it wasn't a bad game but Mojang "did not want more external dependencies."
"The success of Minecraft meant we could focus on projects fully owned by us," Notch added, but didn't rule out further collaborations in future.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One