Skyrim: 'Dawnguard Not Announced For PS3, PC' - Bethesda
Bethesda's Pete Hines has moved to lower expectations surrounding a potential Dawnguard release on PS3 and PC.
Published on Jul 27, 2012
Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion remains unannounced for non-Xbox 360 platforms and as such was neve scheduled to launch this week, Bethesda's Pete Hines has confirmed.
Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity period for the DLC ended yesterday, but there's still no sign of Dawnguard for other formats.
"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news," Hines said on Twitter. "If we have news, I promise I'd tell you."
Hines later added: "I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming."
After one fan accused Bethesda of poor communication over the expansion, Hines responded: "Yup, understood. Sometimes it's better to say nothing until you can provide solid info than say something before you can."
PS3 has yet to receive an update that includes features such as Mounted Combat which are already available on Xbox 360 and PC - the 1.7 update will resolve that, and is set to hit Sony's console in "the coming weeks".
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One