Microsoft Cans Microsoft Flight, Secret Kinect Project
Microsot confirms it has cancelled two projects, but its Vancouver studio will remain open.
Published on Jul 26, 2012
Microsoft's Vancouver studio will no longer develop free plane-sim Microsoft Flight, and has cancelled an unannounced Kinect shooter called Project Columbia - but, contrary to some reports, the studio will remain open, Microsoft has confirmed,
“Microsoft Studios has decided to end development on Microsoft Flight and Project Columbia. As a result of this action, some positions within the development teams have been eliminated. Microsoft human resources is working with the affected individuals to find new roles within the company,” readsa Microsoft statement.
“Microsoft Studios is invested in British Columbia and still has several teams, both in Vancouver and Victoria, which will continue to produce the best entertainment and gaming experiences possible.”
Around 35 developers were let go according to a source on Kotaku.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One