Apple Launches Mountain Lion OS, Sells 54 Million Devices Last Quarter
Apple had rather a good first quarter for the 2013 financial year with over 50 million games-capable devices sold, and the launch of Mountain Lion for Mac.
Published on Jul 25, 2012
Apple has launched the latest OSX update for Mac off the back of some characteristically impressive financial results for the quarter.
Mountain Lion launches for Macs today for just £13.99, and enables current Lion and Snow Leopard users to make their desktop more like iOS with notification panels, integrated Twitter and the debut of Game Centre.
Elsewhere, Apple revealed it sold 17m iPads, 26m iPhones, 4m Macs, and 6.8m iPods resulting in a cool quarterly net profit of $8.8 billion - up from $7.3 billion over the same period last year.
iOS 6 is set to launch this Autumn, while rumours persist Apple is also set to debut the iPhone 5 and iPad mini somewhen in the next few months.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One